60 of the 72 school boards in Quebec are French-language school boards. They comprise nearly 2,400 public schools catering to more than one million youths and adults. These school boards are located throughout the province.
In terms of postsecondary education, literacy training, and adult education, there are more than a hundred establishments in Quebec, including 48 general and vocational colleges (CEGEPs) and 13 universities.
To find out more about French-language education in Quebec, we recommend you visit the following websites:
- The Fédération des commissions scolaires du Québec
- The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials http://www.cicic.ca/449/Quebec.canada
- The Fédération des cégeps
- The Conference of Rectors and Principals of Quebec Universities (CREPUQ) http://www.crepuq.qc.ca/
- The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada