The Provincial Acadian School Board has 22 schools with more than 5,400 students from kindergarten to grade 12. No other school board in Nova Scotia offers full-time French-language teaching. Teaching is available in nine municipalities throughout the province. Services offered by the French-language school board include:
- Full-time kindergarten
- Daycare for toddlers offered in partnership with the community at some of its schools
- Remedial tutoring provided by teacher’s aides
- Educational content which focuses on students’ identity building
- Various cultural activities promoting French language and Acadian education
- Free school bus transportation
French-language services in Nova Scotia related to postsecondary education, literacy and adult continuing education are provided by Université Sainte-Anne. The university has campuses in Halifax, Tusket, Saint-Joseph-du-Moine, Petit-de-Grat and Pointe-de-l’église. As well, the literacy team of Nova Scotia (Équipe d’alphabétisation Nouvelle-Écosse) offers French-language classes in key areas of the province.